CALL FOR ARTISTS to enter SilverArts
Wilmington Art Association invites all 2D and 3D artists over the age of 50 to enter the upcoming SilverArts, which is a component of the Senior Games by the Sea, a state sponsored program. The Wilmington Art Association, in partnership with the YMCA along with other local organizations, will be sponsoring the Visual Arts and the Heritage Arts portion of the SilverArts to be held @the ArtWorks this May. There are four categories in SilverArts: Visual Arts, Heritage Arts, Literary Arts and the Performing Arts:
· Total entry fee for any category is $12.00
· 5 pieces of art work can be entered into Visual Arts and Heritage Arts.
However you can only enter 3 pieces in any one sub-category---
ex: 3 mixed media and 2 oils
· Each sub-category---oils, acrylic, mixed media, watercolor, woodwork, pottery, etc. will be judged separately.----2D judge will be Todd Carignan
3D judge will be Brian Evans
NOTE: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place award winners will be qualified
to go to the NC state competition in September.
· Private Reception and Award Ceremony for artists and guests
· Exhibition and Sale for 3 days @the Artworks, 200 Willard St.
· April 15th is the DEADLINE to submit entry form for
Visual Arts and Heritage Arts.
· NOTE: Reference to the SilverArts ENTRY FORM---
---Guidelines on page 3
--- Fill out pages 5, 6 and 9
---Make check payable to: “Senior Games by the Sea”
---Drop off or Mail entry form to: YMCA
2710 Market St.
Questions or need assistance call me: Erika Lawrence 910-792-9378
ENTRY FORMS can be PICKED UP at the following locations:
ArtWorks, 200 Willard St. (questions contact Erika Lawrence 910-792-9378)
YMCA , 2710 Market St.
Senior Resource Center, 2222 S. College Rd.
Townhouse Frame, 730 Saint James Dr.
ENTRY FORMS ONLINE: www.wilmingtonart.org