Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December 3rd, 2013

Barbara Tuzzeo received an Oak Island Art Guild Honorable Mention Award for her painting “Fig Tree Garden at the Burgwin -Wright House”. The work was done at our recent Paint Out this Fall.

_____________________________________________________________________

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Monteleone, Bonnie <monteleoneb@uncw.edu<mailto:monteleoneb@uncw.edu>> 

Greetings from Plastic Ocean Project,

Dear Wilmington Art Association Members,

I am emailing you because I have recently given a presentation to your group (in October) and believe you all best understand my work on marine conservation. I am hoping you can help me share this work with communities across the United States.  It is really simple, all I need are votes for “What Goes Around, Come Around – communicating science through art” on this Facebook page 
https://a.pgtb.me/Jb7MRb and for you to share this message with others, if you wish. It is an international competition and I am lucky enough to have been selected (actually the only one from the US). The group with the most votes gets $5000 to use for an outreach project and mine is to take my marine debris art show across country. Most of the other groups have a lot of members so it is going to be tough.  But with your help I have a fighting chance.

Thank you all for this simple act of kindness .  The marine life thanks you too.

Best,
Bonnie Monteleone



_____________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment